Church Directory App
22 Feb 2017
RDS UNITE – a church directory app for smartphones and tablets is now available to download to your portable device. This app allows members to access the same contact information for church members which would be in a printed church directory.
*Please note: You must have an email address on file with the church to access the app.
To install the app on your smartphone or tablet:
- Download the RDS UNITE app from your Android Play Store or Apple App Store.
- After download, open the app and enter the church’s code – 11686.
- Tap on “Register Here” and enter your e-mail address (this must be the one we have on file at the church), set a password, then tap “Register.” This will sign you into the app and send you a registration email that will need to be confirmed. Be sure to check your email Spam Folder for the confirmation email if it is not received in your inbox within a few minutes.
- Now you’re ready to log in! Open the app and select “Remember Me” to save your credentials. Now enter your email address and password then tap “Sign In.”
- Once confirmed there are three main areas you can access: My Family (see and update contact information for yourself and family members), Directory (see contact information for other church members), and Contributions (see your own financial contribution record).
- You can update your information and select what information is shared on the church directory for others to see.
If you need further help, please stop by the church office and pick up a printed instruction sheet or contact Don Pellikan at 766-4231.
Ash Wednesday 2017
22 Feb 2017
On March 1, we will be commemorating Ash Wednesday and the beginning of Lent with a meal of beans and cornbread during 1st Wednesdays @First at 5:30 pm. Cost for the meal is $4/person or $15/family.
At 6:30, after the meal, we will have an Ash Wednesday service in the Sanctuary. Everyone is invited to this solemn worship service to prepare their hearts for the season for Lent.
We will also be offering a Sacred Space in the Narthex starting on Ash Wednesday and continuing through Lent. This Sacred Space will be a quiet place with hands-on prayer stations for individual prayer and contemplation.
Office Closed for President’s Day
16 Feb 2017
The church office and School for Little People will be closed Monday, February 20 in observance of President’s Day.
Women’s Ministry Update 2017
15 Feb 2017
A note from Jean Finkler, Women’s Ministries Treasurer:
FUMC Women’s Ministries is made up of two groups of women of mixed ages. Fellowship 2 is a study-dinner group that meets on the second Tuesday of the month. The other, Fellowship 5 – known as Creative Creatures – meets on the fourth Monday morning each month. Their purpose is to make and sell items at Advent. The money raised by the two groups is used to make donations to various non-profit organizations concerned with women and/or children.
This year the following agencies were helped with donations ranging from $100-$150:
- Patsy’s House
- Children’s Aid Society
- Straight, Street
- Meals on Wheels
- Food Bank
- Faith Refuge
- Rathgeber Hospitality House
- Hands to Hands
- Whispers of Hope
In addition, Fellowship 2 also has School for Little People as a special project.
Both groups will be happy to have new members!
Lent Book Study
15 Feb 2017
Our Lenten Bible study this year will begin on Thursday, March 2 (for the 10:30 am group) and Sunday, March 12 (for the 4:00 pm group). We will be studying Wind in the Wilderness: A Lenten Study From the Prophets by DJ Del Rosario.
The Bi-the-Way Sunday school class will be studying Creed by Adam Hamilton.
New members are welcome to all groups! Contact Rev. Georgia Harrison at 766-4231 with any questions.