Know of an item that can be recycled in Wichita Falls but is not on this list? Contact Rev. Harrison and let her know: firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-766-4231 x 276.
We still have single stream recycling at FUMC! Bring your recyclables to the orange bin in the parking lot and let Progressive Waste Services do the sorting for you! Click on the picture to see everything you can recycle this way.
- Aluminum Cans – Here at FUMC in our orange bin. Or take them to the Wichita Falls Area Food Bank at 1320 Midwestern.
- Automotive Batteries / Used Motor Oil – Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, O’Reilly Auto Parts
- Glass – Here at FUMC in our orange bin.
- Ink Jet & Toner Cartridges – Here at FUMC. Take them to the Recycling Room to the right of the Education entrance (room 109). These will be sold to benefit FUMC Missions.
- Newspapers – Here at FUMC in our orange bin. Or use the GREEN Dumpsters at Lawrence Road Transfer Station, Riverbend Nature Center, United Super Markets, Wal-Mart, Wichita Falls Fire Stations, or Youth Opportunity Center.
- Office Paper – Here at FUMC in our orange bin
- Plastic Bags – Wal-Mart, Albertson’s, United Super Markets, Target
- Small Electronics, working or not (laptops, cell phones, digital cameras, Ipods / MP3 Players) – Here at FUMC in the Recycling Room to the right of the Education entrance (room 109). These will be sold to benefit FUMC Missions.
- Styrofoam Packing Peanuts – Pack & Mail at 4036 Kemp.
- Wire Coat Hangers – Comet Cleaners
- Did you know? You can request a GREEN CURB CART from the city by calling 940-761-7977 (for a nominal $3 per month fee). In this, you can put grass & tree trimmings, food waste, junk mail, newspapers, magazines, & cardboard. Contact the Wichita Falls Department of Sanitation for more information.
- Did you know that FUMC will receive $0.02 to go to Missions for every empty package you bring to us to recycle of:
- Huggies Diaper Packages
- Ritz or Wheat Thins Toasted Chips Packages
- Kashi Packages
- Capri Sun or Honest Kids Drink Pouches
Drop these in the marked container near the Education Entrance, and they will be made into other products!