About the Genesis Class
This class is a very social group made up of diverse individuals. We are very open and accepting to everyone trying to help each person be included. We are a group that enjoys each others different personalities, and we truly care about one another. In addition, we enjoy a good time, and we try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are men and women who range in age from our 40s to early 60s. Some of us are married, and others are single. Also, most of us are parents with children ranging in age from 6 to grown-ups. We hope you will come and visit us so that we may share in fellowship as we grow in our faith with one another.
What and how do we study?
Studies are chosen by the group, and members of the class volunteer to lead discussions on a weekly basis. Resources the class has used or will use for study along with the Bible include:
- The Gospel According to Matthew, using Justo L. González’s Three Months With Matthew
- The Sermon on the Mount
- The Gospel According to Mark, using Marcus Borg’s Conversations With Scripture
- Confronting the Controversies: Biblical Perspectives On Tough Issues by Adam Hamilton
- What Does It Mean To Be United Methodist
- The Five Love Languages: How To Express Heartfelt Commitment To Your Mate by Gary Chapman
- This Holy Mystery: A United Methodist Understanding of Holy Communion
- Abraham: A Journey to the Heart of Three Faiths by Bruce Feiler
- Facing Your Giants by Max Lucado
Where does the Genesis Class meet?
We meet on the third floor of the Education Wing in room 302 with a view of the FUMC Play Park across 11th St.
What time do we meet?
Our class meets from 9:15 to 10:15 each Sunday morning, allowing time for members to attend either the 8:30 or 10:30am Worship Services at FUMC.
As time and schedules allow, we love to get together outside the classroom to share in fellowship. Some things that we take part in are:
- Sporting Games/Events
- Holiday Parties
If you want more information about the Genesis Class, contact: