Exodus Class Mission Statement:
Strong Character, Strong Relationships, Building a Strong Foundation Centered around Christ!
About the Exodus Class
We are a very open and accepting group that loves to have fun in and out of class. Although we do not always agree, we agree to disagree while we invite and welcome others’ thoughts and opinions. We are men and women who range in age from our 30s to 40s. Most of us are married, though some are single. Many of us are also parents of children ranging in age from infants to Jr. High, and just as we are friends, so are our children! We hope you will come and visit us so that we may share in fellowship as we grow in our faith with one another.
What and how do we study?
Studies are chosen by the group, and members of the class volunteer to lead discussions on a weekly basis. Occasionally, we will have guest teachers as well.
Past studies include:
- Conversing with Atheists and Agnostics
- Fireproof, a study based around the movie of the same name to help keep marriages strong
- Solving The Da Vinci Code Mystery by Brandon Gilvin
- What Does It Mean To Be United Methodist
- Confronting The Controversies: Biblical Perspectives On Tough Issuesby Adam Hamilton
- Christianity and World Religions: Wrestling With Questions People Ask by Adam Hamilton
- The Five Love Languages: How To Express Heartfelt Commitment To Your Mate by Gary Chapman
- When Tragedy Strikes: Jesus’ Response To A World Gone Wrong by Mark Ashton
March 2017: Beginning an 8-week study of Calm Parenting University
Where does the Exodus Class meet?
We meet on the third floor of the Education Wing in room 301 overlooking the beautiful Prothro Family Atrium.
What time do we meet?
Our class meets from 9:15 to 10:15 each Sunday morning, allowing time for members to attend either the 8:30 or 10:30am Worship Services at FUMC.
As time and schedules allow, we love to get together outside the classroom to share in fellowship, including monthly gatherings such as the annual Super Bowl Party, game nights, and dinners.
If you want more information about the Exodus Class, contact: