About our class
Our class was formed around 1964. At the time, most of the members were young married couples; therefore, Bi-the-Way was a catchy phrase for the class to signify “two” for couples! Our class is made of men and women who range in age from 50 and up. Some of us are married while others are single; some have experienced divorce or are widowed. No matter what our background, we are a group of people who enjoy great fellowship with one another in a family atmosphere. We hope you will take the time to come and visit and share in our fellowship and study!
What do we study?
- We take part in a variety of studies by obtaining teachers and speakers for various series
- The class enjoys a wide diversity of subjects for study. Some outstanding topics in the past have been:
- Seeing Gray in a World of Black and White: Thoughts on Religion, Morality, and Politics by Adam Hamilton
- How to Understand the Gospel According to John by Rev. Troy Sims
- Three Simple Rules for Christian Living
- The Sermon on the Mount led by Rev. Troy Sims
- The Book of Job led by Jim Hoggard
- Basics of United Methodism
- and MORE!
- Join us for a study of Creed by Adam Hamilton for Lent 2017!
Where does the Bi-The-Way Class meet?
We meet in the Undercroft basement area under the Sanctuary in room 17-U.
What time do we meet?
Our class meets from 9:15 to 10:15 each Sunday morning, allowing time for members to attend either the 8:30 or 10:30am Worship Services at FUMC.
We love to fellowship together. Some of our favorite activities include:
- Dinners for 8
- Annual Christmas Party
- Annual Men’s Breakfast
- Easter morning breakfast
- Outings to places like:
- Meers, OK & Wichita Mountains
- The Last Straw Steakhouse in Seymour, TX
- Eating catfish in Marietta, OK
- Overnight trips to places in Texas (i.e. Palo Duro Canyon, etc).
Want More information?
Contact Tom Golden: 940-544-2433.