Join us for Be the Church Sunday! May 7, starting after the 10:30 service, we will begin our church-wide day of service with a spaghetti lunch. The cost for this lunch will be $7 for adults, $4 for children, or $20 for a family, and all proceeds will go to help with costs of the Youth Summer Mission Trip. Everyone is invited to lunch – you do not need to participate in a mission project to eat with us!
After lunch, we will disperse for our various mission projects. There is a project for every age and ability. Some projects will take place in the church building and some will involve travel to other places around town.
- Paint a wheelchair ramp
- Do yard work for a homebound church member (project leader: Jackie Grace)
- Host a downtown softball game (project leader: Brent Lamberth)
- Move gravel in the SLP Park (project leader: Kim English)
- Put together welcome bags for Rathgeber Hospitality House (project leader: Sally Kern)
- Visit Courtyard Gardens residents
- Help residents at Faith Refuge in a painting class (project leader: Sharon Travis)
- Cut fabric for Sole Hope shoes project (project leader: Pat Deal)
- Write cards (project leader: Jean Baer)
Project may change as we get closer; keep an eye out for updates! Sign up below to participate in a project.
Order now! T-shirts will be purple this year; see the images below for an idea of the design. Each shirt costs $10. Please bring cash or check to the church office or to Georgia Harrison before picking up your shirt.